Proper RDM planning before, during, and after your project will save you time in the long run. Leaving RDM decisions to be made later ad hoc and on-the-fly may result in loss of time and resources. Besides which there are many more benefits of, and requirements for proper RDM planning.
Before Project Start
- The Libraries offer a Data Management Plan consultation and workshops, which you may schedule.
- Research Postgraduate Students(RPg) should familiarize themselves with RDM requirements and procedures specific to RPg.
- Check if there are copyright, ethical, or institutional review board (IRB) considerations for your data.
- Write and implement a Data Management Plan (DMP)
- Document your data, and plan for proper storage and backup of your data.
- Find relevant datasets
- Review metadata options, and view the deposit page for the HKU Scholars Hub
- Review the HKU Scholars Hub Depositor's Agreement, and Takedown Policy
- Perhaps you need to anonymize or redact your data before sharing?
- Submit your ethesis and dataset in the HKU Scholars Hub.
- If you have created data which may have commercial value, please consult Versitech, or the Technology Transfer Office.