RDM and preservation of data are key parts of responsible research. Good practice in managing your data will ensure benefits ensue for you, your fellow researchers, your institution, and the wider public. These benefits include,
- Increased visibility of your research with a data citation
- Funding and regulatory body requirements are met.
- Research data remains accurate, authentic, reliable and complete.
- Duplication of effort is kept to a minimum.
- With documentation, research data keeps its integrity and research results may be replicated.
- Data security is enhanced, thus minimising the risk of data loss.
- Support Open Access to your results