What the HKU Libraries' Scholarly Communications Team will do if you believe research data (datasets) in the HKU DataHub infringes any person's rights, or applicable Hong Kong laws.
Every effort has been made to ensure that research data (datasets) i
On receipt of your complaint, Scholarly Communications Team staff will:
- Make an initial assessment of its validity
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email
- For all but spurious complaints, cease access to the item that is subject to complaint
- Refer the complaint to the University's Legal Advisor or relevant authority for comment and advice
- Seek to verify your identity and authority as complainant.
When the Repository Manager has verified the authenticity of your complaint and has been advised that it is ostensibly legitimate, the file will be removed from public access, leaving behind the bibliographic record describing the record.
If the Legal Advisor confirms that it does not breach any law then the item will be reinstated.
Acknowledgement : Adapted from University of Edinburgh, Notice and take-down policy