File Download
Supplementary

Conference Paper: Role of endocannabinoid and GABAA receptor in modulating synaptic plasticity in the vestibular nucleus of postnatal rats

TitleRole of endocannabinoid and GABAA receptor in modulating synaptic plasticity in the vestibular nucleus of postnatal rats
Authors
Issue Date2012
PublisherHKSN & BPHK.
Citation
The Hong Kong-Taiwan Physiology Symposium 2012 and Joint Scientific Meeting of Hong Kong Society of Neurosciences & The Biophysical Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 14-15 June 2012. In Program Book of the Joint Scientific Meeting, 2012, p. 68, abstract P47 How to Cite?
AbstractEndocannabinoid (eCB) has emerged as the key form of activity-dependent long-term presynspatic plasticity in the amygdala, hippocampus and visual cortex. eCB receptors are found to express in the vestibular nucleus but the role of eCB on long-term depression of inhibitory responses (iLTD) in central vestibular neurons remains unaddressed. Whole-cell patch-clamp experiments were therefore conducted on medial vestibular neurons in brainstem slices of postnatal rats (P5─15). iLTD of GABAA receptor-mediated evoked-IPSCs could be induced in these central vestibular neurons with theta-burst stimulation delivered to the vestibular afferents. In P5─7 rats, iLTD could be induced in 80% of the medial vestibular neurons tested. In P8─15 rats, however, iLTD could only be induced in 30% of the neurons tested. Application of antagonist of type 1 cannabinoid receptor (AM251) decreased the probability of iLTD induction to 30% in rats aged P5 to P7, while treatment with agonist of type 1 cannabinoid receptor (WIN55) increased the probability to 70% in rats aged P8 to P10. These results indicate that eCB modulates the efficacy of GABAergic synapses in the vestibular nucleus in an age-dependent role manner.
DescriptionPoster Presentation: P47
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/165079

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorShi, Wen_US
dc.contributor.authorBotelho, FPen_US
dc.contributor.authorShum, DKYen_US
dc.contributor.authorChan, YSen_US
dc.date.accessioned2012-09-20T08:14:39Z-
dc.date.available2012-09-20T08:14:39Z-
dc.date.issued2012en_US
dc.identifier.citationThe Hong Kong-Taiwan Physiology Symposium 2012 and Joint Scientific Meeting of Hong Kong Society of Neurosciences & The Biophysical Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 14-15 June 2012. In Program Book of the Joint Scientific Meeting, 2012, p. 68, abstract P47en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/165079-
dc.descriptionPoster Presentation: P47-
dc.description.abstractEndocannabinoid (eCB) has emerged as the key form of activity-dependent long-term presynspatic plasticity in the amygdala, hippocampus and visual cortex. eCB receptors are found to express in the vestibular nucleus but the role of eCB on long-term depression of inhibitory responses (iLTD) in central vestibular neurons remains unaddressed. Whole-cell patch-clamp experiments were therefore conducted on medial vestibular neurons in brainstem slices of postnatal rats (P5─15). iLTD of GABAA receptor-mediated evoked-IPSCs could be induced in these central vestibular neurons with theta-burst stimulation delivered to the vestibular afferents. In P5─7 rats, iLTD could be induced in 80% of the medial vestibular neurons tested. In P8─15 rats, however, iLTD could only be induced in 30% of the neurons tested. Application of antagonist of type 1 cannabinoid receptor (AM251) decreased the probability of iLTD induction to 30% in rats aged P5 to P7, while treatment with agonist of type 1 cannabinoid receptor (WIN55) increased the probability to 70% in rats aged P8 to P10. These results indicate that eCB modulates the efficacy of GABAergic synapses in the vestibular nucleus in an age-dependent role manner.-
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherHKSN & BPHK.-
dc.relation.ispartofProgram Book of the Joint Scientific Meetingen_US
dc.titleRole of endocannabinoid and GABAA receptor in modulating synaptic plasticity in the vestibular nucleus of postnatal ratsen_US
dc.typeConference_Paperen_US
dc.identifier.emailShi, W: u3001444@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.emailShum, DKY: shumdkhk@hkucc.hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.emailChan, YS: yschan@hku.hk-
dc.identifier.authorityShum, DKY=rp00321en_US
dc.identifier.authorityChan, YS=rp00318en_US
dc.description.naturelink_to_OA_fulltext-
dc.identifier.hkuros209382en_US
dc.identifier.spage68-
dc.identifier.epage68-
dc.publisher.placeHong Kong-

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats