File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Somatic cell and sperm cell cytogenetics in a patient with t(14; 21)

TitleSomatic cell and sperm cell cytogenetics in a patient with t(14; 21)
Authors
KeywordsSpecies Index: Robertsonia
Issue Date2006
PublisherKexue Chubanshe
Citation
Acta Genetica Sinica, 2006, v. 33 n. 6, p. 488-494 How to Cite?
AbstractApproximately 15%-20% of clinically recognizable pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion. About half of the spontaneous abortions in the early stage of the pregnancy are due to chromosomal abnormalities. Using GTG chromosome banding and dual-color fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques, we determined the cytogenetic aberration in the husband of a couple with spontaneous recurrent abortions. Karyotype analysis showed 46, XX in the wife and 45, XY, -14, -21, +t(14; 21) in the husband. We studied the mechanism of formation of the abnormal chromosome with Robertsonian translocation between chromosomes 14 and 21 by FISH and flow cytometric sorting in the sperm cells. The result showed that 71% of the gametes were balanced and the remaining 29% were not. As a result, the couple was given genetic counseling.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/92376
ISSN
References

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorTang, Y-Pen_HK
dc.contributor.authorLiu, X-Sen_HK
dc.contributor.authorLiu, Yen_HK
dc.contributor.authorYang, Z-Ren_HK
dc.contributor.authorChen, Yen_HK
dc.contributor.authorXiong, C-Len_HK
dc.date.accessioned2010-09-17T10:44:14Z-
dc.date.available2010-09-17T10:44:14Z-
dc.date.issued2006en_HK
dc.identifier.citationActa Genetica Sinica, 2006, v. 33 n. 6, p. 488-494en_HK
dc.identifier.issn0379-4172en_HK
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/92376-
dc.description.abstractApproximately 15%-20% of clinically recognizable pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion. About half of the spontaneous abortions in the early stage of the pregnancy are due to chromosomal abnormalities. Using GTG chromosome banding and dual-color fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) techniques, we determined the cytogenetic aberration in the husband of a couple with spontaneous recurrent abortions. Karyotype analysis showed 46, XX in the wife and 45, XY, -14, -21, +t(14; 21) in the husband. We studied the mechanism of formation of the abnormal chromosome with Robertsonian translocation between chromosomes 14 and 21 by FISH and flow cytometric sorting in the sperm cells. The result showed that 71% of the gametes were balanced and the remaining 29% were not. As a result, the couple was given genetic counseling.en_HK
dc.languageengen_HK
dc.publisherKexue Chubansheen_HK
dc.relation.ispartofActa Genetica Sinicaen_HK
dc.subjectSpecies Index: Robertsoniaen_HK
dc.titleSomatic cell and sperm cell cytogenetics in a patient with t(14; 21)en_HK
dc.typeArticleen_HK
dc.identifier.emailChen, Y:ychenc@hkucc.hku.hken_HK
dc.identifier.authorityChen, Y=rp1318en_HK
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltext-
dc.identifier.doi10.1016/S0379-4172(06)60076-0en_HK
dc.identifier.pmid16800378-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-33745449534en_HK
dc.relation.referenceshttp://www.scopus.com/mlt/select.url?eid=2-s2.0-33745449534&selection=ref&src=s&origin=recordpageen_HK
dc.identifier.volume33en_HK
dc.identifier.issue6en_HK
dc.identifier.spage488en_HK
dc.identifier.epage494en_HK

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats