File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Long term clinical outcomes after deployment of femoral vascular closure devices in coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention

TitleLong term clinical outcomes after deployment of femoral vascular closure devices in coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention
Authors
KeywordsCATH-diagnostic cardiac catheterization
CLOS-closure vascular access
PCI-percutaneous coronary intervention
Issue Date2010
PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons, Inc. The Journal's web site is located at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/117934745/grouphome/home.html
Citation
Catheterization And Cardiovascular Interventions, 2010, v. 75 n. 3, p. 345-348 How to Cite?
AbstractBackground: We evaluated the long term clinical outcomes of femoral vascular closure devices following its deployment in coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. Methods: From June 2000 to September 2004, 265 patients who received femoral vascular closure devices after coronary angiography and PCIs were enrolled into the study. Patients' medical records were reviewed and vascular complications within 1 year of follow-up period were recorded. Rutherford's categories of claudication were used to quantify different degrees of claudication and leg ischaemia. Duplex ultrasonography of both femoral arteries (using the nonaccessed site as control) was performed at 1 year after deployment of vascular closure devices. Vessel diameter and flow velocities for both common femoral arteries were obtained. Results: There was no occurrence of late vascular complications like arteriovenous fistula, pseudoaneurysm, surgical repair of access site complications, late groin bleeding and infection. By Rutherford categories of claudication, 99.2% of patients had grade 0 claudication while the remaining 0.8% was in grade 1. By arterial Duplex ultrasonography, the peak systolic velocity of the accessed femoral artery (predominantly right side) was nonsignificantly higher, 94.9 ± 26.0 cm/s when compared to 91.5 ± 24.8 cm/s in the control site (P = 0.12). As for vessel diameter, no significant difference was found in the mean end-diastolic vessel diameter 8.8 6 1.3 mm (puncture site) versus 8.7 ± 4.4 mm (control site) (P = 0.72). Conclusion: We found that the use of femoral closure devices was safe and it was not associated with any adverse long term vascular complications. © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/78064
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 2.181
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 1.342
ISI Accession Number ID
References

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorLee, SWLen_HK
dc.contributor.authorHo, HHen_HK
dc.contributor.authorKong, SLen_HK
dc.contributor.authorLam, YMen_HK
dc.contributor.authorSiu, CWen_HK
dc.contributor.authorMiu, KMen_HK
dc.contributor.authorLam, Len_HK
dc.contributor.authorChan, HWen_HK
dc.date.accessioned2010-09-06T07:38:46Z-
dc.date.available2010-09-06T07:38:46Z-
dc.date.issued2010en_HK
dc.identifier.citationCatheterization And Cardiovascular Interventions, 2010, v. 75 n. 3, p. 345-348en_HK
dc.identifier.issn1522-1946en_HK
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/78064-
dc.description.abstractBackground: We evaluated the long term clinical outcomes of femoral vascular closure devices following its deployment in coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. Methods: From June 2000 to September 2004, 265 patients who received femoral vascular closure devices after coronary angiography and PCIs were enrolled into the study. Patients' medical records were reviewed and vascular complications within 1 year of follow-up period were recorded. Rutherford's categories of claudication were used to quantify different degrees of claudication and leg ischaemia. Duplex ultrasonography of both femoral arteries (using the nonaccessed site as control) was performed at 1 year after deployment of vascular closure devices. Vessel diameter and flow velocities for both common femoral arteries were obtained. Results: There was no occurrence of late vascular complications like arteriovenous fistula, pseudoaneurysm, surgical repair of access site complications, late groin bleeding and infection. By Rutherford categories of claudication, 99.2% of patients had grade 0 claudication while the remaining 0.8% was in grade 1. By arterial Duplex ultrasonography, the peak systolic velocity of the accessed femoral artery (predominantly right side) was nonsignificantly higher, 94.9 ± 26.0 cm/s when compared to 91.5 ± 24.8 cm/s in the control site (P = 0.12). As for vessel diameter, no significant difference was found in the mean end-diastolic vessel diameter 8.8 6 1.3 mm (puncture site) versus 8.7 ± 4.4 mm (control site) (P = 0.72). Conclusion: We found that the use of femoral closure devices was safe and it was not associated with any adverse long term vascular complications. © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.en_HK
dc.languageengen_HK
dc.publisherJohn Wiley & Sons, Inc. The Journal's web site is located at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/117934745/grouphome/home.htmlen_HK
dc.relation.ispartofCatheterization and Cardiovascular Interventionsen_HK
dc.rightsCatheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. Copyright © John Wiley & Sons, Inc.en_HK
dc.subjectCATH-diagnostic cardiac catheterizationen_HK
dc.subjectCLOS-closure vascular accessen_HK
dc.subjectPCI-percutaneous coronary interventionen_HK
dc.subject.meshAngioplasty, Transluminal, Percutaneous Coronary-
dc.subject.meshCoronary Angiography-
dc.subject.meshCoronary Artery Disease - radiography - therapy-
dc.subject.meshFemoral Artery-
dc.subject.meshHemostatic Techniques - instrumentation-
dc.titleLong term clinical outcomes after deployment of femoral vascular closure devices in coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary interventionen_HK
dc.typeArticleen_HK
dc.identifier.openurlhttp://library.hku.hk:4550/resserv?sid=HKU:IR&issn=1522-1946&volume=75&issue=3&spage=345&epage=348&date=2010&atitle=Long-term+clinical+outcomes+after+deployment+of+femoral+vascular+closure+devices+in+coronary+angiography+and+percutaneous+coronary+interventionen_HK
dc.identifier.emailSiu, CW:cwdsiu@hkucc.hku.hken_HK
dc.identifier.authoritySiu, CW=rp00534en_HK
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltext-
dc.identifier.doi10.1002/ccd.22294en_HK
dc.identifier.pmid19937775-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-77149124908en_HK
dc.identifier.hkuros168419en_HK
dc.relation.referenceshttp://www.scopus.com/mlt/select.url?eid=2-s2.0-77149124908&selection=ref&src=s&origin=recordpageen_HK
dc.identifier.volume75en_HK
dc.identifier.issue3en_HK
dc.identifier.spage345en_HK
dc.identifier.epage348en_HK
dc.identifier.isiWOS:000275230200009-
dc.publisher.placeUnited Statesen_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridLee, SWL=7601396808en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridHo, HH=7401465369en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridKong, SL=7203044824en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridLam, YM=35316083700en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridSiu, CW=7006550690en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridMiu, KM=16230630500en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridLam, L=36933270800en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridChan, HW=7403402419en_HK

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats