File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Structure and composition of primary intrahepatic stones in Korean patients

TitleStructure and composition of primary intrahepatic stones in Korean patients
Authors
Issue Date1995
PublisherSpringer New York LLC. The Journal's web site is located at http://springerlink.metapress.com/openurl.asp?genre=journal&issn=0163-2116
Citation
Digestive Diseases And Sciences, 1995, v. 40 n. 10, p. 2143-2151 How to Cite?
AbstractWe have analyzed the chemical composition of primary intrahepatic stones from 72 Korean patients. Two types of concretions have been identified: brown pigment (calcium bilirubinate) stones and black-colored mixed stones. Brown pigment stones were found in 68% of all cases and the remainder (32%) consisted of mixed stones. Intrahepatic mixed stones had mean cholesterol and bilirubin contents of 46.6% and 25.9%, respectively, whereas calcium bilirubinate stones had mean cholesterol and bilirubin contents of 14.1% and 43.6%, respectively. Intrahepatic mixed stones had a smooth black-colored surface and on cross section, exhibited a distinct outer shell surrounding an inner yellow, cholesterol-rich body. The finding of intrahepatic mixed stones with high cholesterol content suggests that primary hepatolithiasis may result from at least two different conditions or disorders and points to different approaches to their treatment.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/175710
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 2.516
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 0.995
ISI Accession Number ID

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorKim, MHen_US
dc.contributor.authorSekijima, Jen_US
dc.contributor.authorPark, HZen_US
dc.contributor.authorLee, SPen_US
dc.date.accessioned2012-11-26T09:00:39Z-
dc.date.available2012-11-26T09:00:39Z-
dc.date.issued1995en_US
dc.identifier.citationDigestive Diseases And Sciences, 1995, v. 40 n. 10, p. 2143-2151en_US
dc.identifier.issn0163-2116en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/175710-
dc.description.abstractWe have analyzed the chemical composition of primary intrahepatic stones from 72 Korean patients. Two types of concretions have been identified: brown pigment (calcium bilirubinate) stones and black-colored mixed stones. Brown pigment stones were found in 68% of all cases and the remainder (32%) consisted of mixed stones. Intrahepatic mixed stones had mean cholesterol and bilirubin contents of 46.6% and 25.9%, respectively, whereas calcium bilirubinate stones had mean cholesterol and bilirubin contents of 14.1% and 43.6%, respectively. Intrahepatic mixed stones had a smooth black-colored surface and on cross section, exhibited a distinct outer shell surrounding an inner yellow, cholesterol-rich body. The finding of intrahepatic mixed stones with high cholesterol content suggests that primary hepatolithiasis may result from at least two different conditions or disorders and points to different approaches to their treatment.en_US
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherSpringer New York LLC. The Journal's web site is located at http://springerlink.metapress.com/openurl.asp?genre=journal&issn=0163-2116en_US
dc.relation.ispartofDigestive Diseases and Sciencesen_US
dc.subject.meshAdulten_US
dc.subject.meshAgeden_US
dc.subject.meshBile Duct Diseases - Ethnology - Metabolism - Microbiologyen_US
dc.subject.meshBile Ducts, Intrahepaticen_US
dc.subject.meshCholelithiasis - Chemistry - Ethnology - Microbiologyen_US
dc.subject.meshElectron Probe Microanalysisen_US
dc.subject.meshFemaleen_US
dc.subject.meshHumansen_US
dc.subject.meshKoreaen_US
dc.subject.meshMaleen_US
dc.subject.meshMicroscopy, Electron, Scanningen_US
dc.subject.meshMiddle Ageden_US
dc.subject.meshSpectrophotometry, Infrareden_US
dc.titleStructure and composition of primary intrahepatic stones in Korean patientsen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
dc.identifier.emailLee, SP: sumlee@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.authorityLee, SP=rp01351en_US
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltexten_US
dc.identifier.doi10.1007/BF02208998en_US
dc.identifier.pmid7587781-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-0028784876en_US
dc.identifier.volume40en_US
dc.identifier.issue10en_US
dc.identifier.spage2143en_US
dc.identifier.epage2151en_US
dc.identifier.isiWOS:A1995TE10200010-
dc.publisher.placeUnited Statesen_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridKim, MH=26643177500en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridSekijima, J=6506103215en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridPark, HZ=7601570519en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridLee, SP=7601417497en_US

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats