File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: SMILE for natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: analysis of safety and efficacy from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group

TitleSMILE for natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: analysis of safety and efficacy from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group
Authors
KeywordsCancer prognosis
Cancer recurrence
Cancer regression
Cancer risk
Cancer staging
Issue Date2012
PublisherAmerican Society of Hematology. The Journal's web site is located at http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/
Citation
Blood, 2012, v. 120 n. 15, p. 2973-2980 How to Cite?
AbstractNatural killer/T-cell lymphoma is rare and aggressive, with poor outcome. Optimal treatment remains unclear. A novel regimen dexamethasone, methotrexate, ifosfamide, l-asparaginase, and etoposide (SMILE) showed promise in phase 1/2 studies with restrictive recruitment criteria. To define the general applicability of SMILE, 43 newly diagnosed and 44 relapsed/refractory patients (nasal, N = 60, nonnasal, N = 21; disseminated, N = 6; male, N = 59; female, N = 28) at a median age of 51 years (23-83 years) were treated. Poor-risk factors included stage III/IV disease (56%), international prognostic index of 3 to 5 (43%), and Korean prognostic scores of 3 to 4 (41%). A median of 3 (0-6; total = 315) courses of SMILE were administered. Significant toxicities included grade 3/4 neutropenia (N = 57; 5 sepsis-related deaths); grade 3/4 thrombocytopenia (N = 36); and nephrotoxicity (N = 15; 1 acute renal failure and death). Interim analysis after 2 to 3 cycles showed complete remission rate of 56%, partial remission rate of 22%, giving an overall response rate of 78%. On treatment completion, the overall-response rate became 81% (complete remission = 66%, partial remission = 15%). Response rates were similar for newly diagnosed or relapsed/refractory patients. At a median follow-up of 31 months (1-84 months), the 5-year overall survival was 50% and 4-year disease-free-survival was 64%. Multivariate analysis showed that international prognostic index was the most significant factor impacting on outcome and survivals.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/164336
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 11.841
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 6.395
ISI Accession Number ID

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorKwong, YLen_US
dc.contributor.authorKim, WSen_US
dc.contributor.authorLim, STen_US
dc.contributor.authorKim, SJen_US
dc.contributor.authorTang, Ten_US
dc.contributor.authorTse, EWCen_US
dc.contributor.authorLeung, AYHen_US
dc.contributor.authorChim, JCSen_US
dc.date.accessioned2012-09-20T07:58:01Z-
dc.date.available2012-09-20T07:58:01Z-
dc.date.issued2012en_US
dc.identifier.citationBlood, 2012, v. 120 n. 15, p. 2973-2980en_US
dc.identifier.issn0006-4971-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/164336-
dc.description.abstractNatural killer/T-cell lymphoma is rare and aggressive, with poor outcome. Optimal treatment remains unclear. A novel regimen dexamethasone, methotrexate, ifosfamide, l-asparaginase, and etoposide (SMILE) showed promise in phase 1/2 studies with restrictive recruitment criteria. To define the general applicability of SMILE, 43 newly diagnosed and 44 relapsed/refractory patients (nasal, N = 60, nonnasal, N = 21; disseminated, N = 6; male, N = 59; female, N = 28) at a median age of 51 years (23-83 years) were treated. Poor-risk factors included stage III/IV disease (56%), international prognostic index of 3 to 5 (43%), and Korean prognostic scores of 3 to 4 (41%). A median of 3 (0-6; total = 315) courses of SMILE were administered. Significant toxicities included grade 3/4 neutropenia (N = 57; 5 sepsis-related deaths); grade 3/4 thrombocytopenia (N = 36); and nephrotoxicity (N = 15; 1 acute renal failure and death). Interim analysis after 2 to 3 cycles showed complete remission rate of 56%, partial remission rate of 22%, giving an overall response rate of 78%. On treatment completion, the overall-response rate became 81% (complete remission = 66%, partial remission = 15%). Response rates were similar for newly diagnosed or relapsed/refractory patients. At a median follow-up of 31 months (1-84 months), the 5-year overall survival was 50% and 4-year disease-free-survival was 64%. Multivariate analysis showed that international prognostic index was the most significant factor impacting on outcome and survivals.-
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherAmerican Society of Hematology. The Journal's web site is located at http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/-
dc.relation.ispartofBlooden_US
dc.rightsThis research was originally published in The Hematologist: ASH News and Reports. Author(s). Title. The Hematologist: ASH News and Reports. Year;Vol,Issue:pp-pp. © the American Society of Hematology.-
dc.subjectCancer prognosis-
dc.subjectCancer recurrence-
dc.subjectCancer regression-
dc.subjectCancer risk-
dc.subjectCancer staging-
dc.titleSMILE for natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: analysis of safety and efficacy from the Asia Lymphoma Study Groupen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
dc.identifier.emailKwong, YL: ylkwong@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.emailTse, EWC: ewctse@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.emailLeung, AYH: ayhleung@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.emailChim, JCS: jcschim@hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.authorityKwong, YL=rp00358en_US
dc.identifier.authorityTse, EWC=rp00471en_US
dc.identifier.authorityLeung, AYH=rp00265en_US
dc.identifier.authorityChim, JCS=rp00408en_US
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltext-
dc.identifier.doi10.1182/blood-2012-05-431460-
dc.identifier.pmid22919026-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-84867810745-
dc.identifier.hkuros209903en_US
dc.identifier.volume120-
dc.identifier.issue15-
dc.identifier.spage2973en_US
dc.identifier.epage2980en_US
dc.identifier.isiWOS:000311619300014-
dc.publisher.placeUnited States-

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats