Professor Tse, Eric Wai Choi 謝偉財
Dr. Eric WC Tse
Clinical Associate Professor
BSc(BiomedSc)(HK), MBBS(HK), PhD(Cantab), FRCP, FRCP(Edin), FRCP(Glasg), FRCPath, FHKCP, FHKAM(Medicine)
Dr. Tse graduated MBBS with the John Anderson Gold Medal from the University of Hong Kong. He also obtained a PhD at the University of Cambridge, and was awarded the Max Perutz Research Prize by the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge. Upon completion of clinical haematology training at Queen Mary Hospital, Dr. Tse has been appointed honorary consultant physician in the Department of Medicine.
In addition to clinical research on the treatment of haematological malignancies, in particular T-cell and NK-cell lymphoid neoplasms, his basic and translational research have focused on the development of novel therapeutic approach in cancer treatment through identifying potential targets and understanding the fundamental biology of cancer. Dr. Tse has pioneered the development of intracellular antibodies in the therapy of cancer during his early stage of career. He is currently examining the role of peptidyl-prolyl-isomerase PIN1 and its interplay with CKS proteins in cell cycle regulation, apoptosis and DNA damage response in cancer and neurodevelopment. Furthermore, through the use of therapeutic agents to up-regulate aquaglyceroporin 9 expression, he is also investigating the possibility of extending the application of arsenic trioxide beyond the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukaemia.
1. Pang R, Yuen J, Yuen MF, Lai CL, Lee TK, Man K, Poon RT, Fan ST, Wong CM, Ng IO, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 over-expression and β-catenin gene mutations are distinct oncogenic events in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene 23(23): 4182-6, 2004. (Impact Factor: 7.35)
2. Pang R, Lee TK, Man K, Poon RT, Fan ST, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 expression contributes to hepatic carcinogenesis. J. Pathol. 210(1):19-25, 2006. (Impact Factor: 7.58)
3. Pang R, Lee TK, Poon RT, Fan ST, Wong KB, Kwong YL and Tse E. Pin1 interacts with a specific serine-proline motif of hepatitis B virus x-protein to enhance hepatocarcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 32(3):1088-103, 2007. (Impact Factor: 12.82)
4. Leung J, Pang A, Yuen WH, Kwong YL and Tse E. Relationship of expression of aquaglyceroporin 9 with arsenic uptake and sensitivity in leukaemia cells. Blood. 109(2):740-46, 2007. (Impact Factor: 9.06)
5. Tse E, Gill H, Loong F, Kim SJ, Ng SB, Tang T, Ko YH, Chng WJ, Lim ST, Kim WS and Kwong YL. Type II enteropathy associated T-cell lymphoma: a multi-center analysis from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group. Am J Hematol. 87(7):663-8, 2012. (Impact Factor: 4.13)
6. Frontini M, Kukalev A, Leo E, Ng YM, Cervantes M, Cheng CW, Holic R, Dormann D, Tse E, Pommier Y, Yu V. The CDK subunit CKS2 counteracts CKS1 to control CyclinA/CDK2 activity in maintaining replicative fidelity and neurodevelopment. Dev Cell. 23(2):356-70, 2012. (Impact Factor: 12.86)
7. Cheng CW, Chow AK, Pang R, Fok EW, Kwong YL and Tse E. PIN1 inhibits apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma through modulation of anti-apoptotic function of survivin. Am J Pathol. 182(3):765-75, 2013. (Impact Factor: 4.52)
8. Tse E and Kwong YL. How I Treat NK/T-cell Lymphoma. Blood. 121(25):4997-5005, 2013. (Impact Factor: 9.06)
9. Yeoh AE, Tan D, Li CK, Hori H, Tse E and Pui CH. Management of adult and paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in Asia: resource-stratified guidelines from the Asian Oncology Summit 2013. Lancet Oncol. 14(12):e508-23, 2013. (Impact Factor: 25.11)
10. Tse E, Chan TS, Koh LP, Chng, WJ, Kim WS, Tang T, Lim ST, Lie AK and Kwong YL. Allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: a multicentre analysis from the Asia Lymphoma Study Group. Bone Marrow Transplant. [in press] (Impact Factor: 3.54)
1. GRF Award 2005-06. Research Grant Council, HK.
2. GRF Award 2007-08. Research Grant Council, HK.
3. Hong Kong Blood Cancer Foundation, 2010.
4. GRF Award 2013-14. Research Grant Council, HK.
5. Research grant for translational research, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, 2013.
- Founding Chairman, Hong Kong Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Scientific Officer, The Hong Kong Society of Haematology
- Council Member, Union for China Lymphoma Investigators, Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology, People’s Republic of China
|Awardees||Award Date||Honours / Awards / Prizes||Category|
|2011-02-01||Outstanding Young Researcher Award 2010: The University of Hong Kong||Research Achievement|
|2002-11-01||David Todd Award for a Distinguished Paper in Haematology: Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong||Research Achievement|
|2013-12-01||Faculty Knowledge Exchange (KE) Award 2013: 'Multi-media Haematology Protocol: Haematology Protocol Book, iPad/iPhone App, Internet Website' (Group Award): The University of Hong Kong||Teaching Accomplishment|
|2004-10-01||Distinguished Research Paper Award for Young Investigator: Hong Kong College of Physicians||Research Achievement|
|2013-10-01||Sir David Todd Lectureship: The Hong Kong College of Physicians||Research Achievement|
|2002-01-01||Young Investigator Award: 7th Medical Research Conference 2002, University Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong||Research Achievement|
|2005-10-01||Best Thesis Award- Gold Award: Hong Kong College of Physicians||Research Achievement|
|2005-06-01||RGC Clinical Research Fellowship: Research Grant Council, Hong Kong||Research Achievement|
|2014-01-01||Best Abstract in Basic Science & Translational (Poster): 19th Medical Research Conference Department of Medicine, HKU||Research Achievement|
|Term Period||Position||Professional Societies|
|05/2011-present||Council Member||Hong Kong Society of Haematology|
|04/2014 - present||Chairman||Hong Kong Society of Haematologty|
|01/2013 - present||Chairman||Hong Kong Society for Thrombosis and Haemostasis|
|04/2012 - 03/2014||Scientific Officer||Hong Kong Society of Haematology|
Are You Missing Publications, Invited Lectures? Click Me.