File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Denitrifying degradation of dimethyl phthalate

TitleDenitrifying degradation of dimethyl phthalate
Authors
Issue Date2007
PublisherSpringer. The Journal's web site is located at http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00253/index.htm
Citation
Applied Microbiology And Biotechnology, 2007, v. 74 n. 1, p. 221-229 How to Cite?
AbstractResults of batch experiments on the denitrifying degradation of dimethyl phthalate (DMP) was most favorable at pH 7-9 and 30-35°C. DMP was first degraded to monomethyl phthalate (MMP), which was in turn degraded to phthalate before complete mineralization. There was no fatty acid residue in the mixed liquor throughout the experiments. The maximum specific degradation rates were 0.32 mM/(gVSS·h) for DMP, 0.19 mM/(gVSS·h) for MMP, and 0.14 mM/(gVSS·h) for phthalate. About 86% of available electron in DMP was utilized for denitrification; the remaining 14% was presumable conserved in the new biomass with an estimated yield of 0.17 mg/mg DMP. Based on 16S rDNA analysis, the denitrifying sludge was mainly composed of β-subdivision and α-subdivision of Proteobacteria (33 and 5 clones out of a total of 43 clones, respectively), plus some Acidobacteria. Using a primer set specifically designed to amplify the denitrification nirK gene, 10 operational taxonomy units (OTUs) were recovered from the clone library. They clustered into a group in the α-subdivision of Proteobacteria most closely related to denitrifier Bradyrhizobium japonicum USDA110 and several environmental clones. © 2006 Springer-Verlag.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/71652
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 3.376
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 1.262
ISI Accession Number ID
References

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorLiang, DWen_HK
dc.contributor.authorZhang, Ten_HK
dc.contributor.authorFang, HHPen_HK
dc.date.accessioned2010-09-06T06:33:56Z-
dc.date.available2010-09-06T06:33:56Z-
dc.date.issued2007en_HK
dc.identifier.citationApplied Microbiology And Biotechnology, 2007, v. 74 n. 1, p. 221-229en_HK
dc.identifier.issn0175-7598en_HK
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/71652-
dc.description.abstractResults of batch experiments on the denitrifying degradation of dimethyl phthalate (DMP) was most favorable at pH 7-9 and 30-35°C. DMP was first degraded to monomethyl phthalate (MMP), which was in turn degraded to phthalate before complete mineralization. There was no fatty acid residue in the mixed liquor throughout the experiments. The maximum specific degradation rates were 0.32 mM/(gVSS·h) for DMP, 0.19 mM/(gVSS·h) for MMP, and 0.14 mM/(gVSS·h) for phthalate. About 86% of available electron in DMP was utilized for denitrification; the remaining 14% was presumable conserved in the new biomass with an estimated yield of 0.17 mg/mg DMP. Based on 16S rDNA analysis, the denitrifying sludge was mainly composed of β-subdivision and α-subdivision of Proteobacteria (33 and 5 clones out of a total of 43 clones, respectively), plus some Acidobacteria. Using a primer set specifically designed to amplify the denitrification nirK gene, 10 operational taxonomy units (OTUs) were recovered from the clone library. They clustered into a group in the α-subdivision of Proteobacteria most closely related to denitrifier Bradyrhizobium japonicum USDA110 and several environmental clones. © 2006 Springer-Verlag.en_HK
dc.languageengen_HK
dc.publisherSpringer. The Journal's web site is located at http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00253/index.htmen_HK
dc.relation.ispartofApplied Microbiology and Biotechnologyen_HK
dc.subject.meshAlphaproteobacteria - classification - genetics - metabolismen_HK
dc.subject.meshBetaproteobacteria - classification - genetics - metabolismen_HK
dc.subject.meshDNA, Bacterial - analysisen_HK
dc.subject.meshHydrogen-Ion Concentrationen_HK
dc.subject.meshMolecular Sequence Dataen_HK
dc.subject.meshNitrates - metabolismen_HK
dc.subject.meshNitrite Reductases - genetics - metabolismen_HK
dc.subject.meshPhthalic Acids - metabolismen_HK
dc.subject.meshPhylogenyen_HK
dc.subject.meshRNA, Ribosomal, 16S - geneticsen_HK
dc.subject.meshSequence Analysis, DNAen_HK
dc.subject.meshSewage - microbiologyen_HK
dc.subject.meshTemperatureen_HK
dc.titleDenitrifying degradation of dimethyl phthalateen_HK
dc.typeArticleen_HK
dc.identifier.openurlhttp://library.hku.hk:4550/resserv?sid=HKU:IR&issn=0175-7598&volume=74&spage=221&epage=229&date=2007&atitle=Denitrifying+degradation+of+dimethyl+phthalate.+en_HK
dc.identifier.emailZhang, T:zhangt@hkucc.hku.hken_HK
dc.identifier.emailFang, HHP:hrechef@hkucc.hku.hken_HK
dc.identifier.authorityZhang, T=rp00211en_HK
dc.identifier.authorityFang, HHP=rp00115en_HK
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltext-
dc.identifier.doi10.1007/s00253-006-0653-6en_HK
dc.identifier.pmid17096122-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-33846571303en_HK
dc.identifier.hkuros127894en_HK
dc.relation.referenceshttp://www.scopus.com/mlt/select.url?eid=2-s2.0-33846571303&selection=ref&src=s&origin=recordpageen_HK
dc.identifier.volume74en_HK
dc.identifier.issue1en_HK
dc.identifier.spage221en_HK
dc.identifier.epage229en_HK
dc.identifier.isiWOS:000243802200028-
dc.publisher.placeGermanyen_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridLiang, DW=15835235400en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridZhang, T=24470677400en_HK
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridFang, HHP=7402542625en_HK

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats