File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Diaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entity

TitleDiaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entity
Authors
Issue Date1994
PublisherWB Saunders Co. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jpedsurg
Citation
Journal Of Pediatric Surgery, 1994, v. 29 n. 11, p. 1439-1441 How to Cite?
AbstractAnatomically, Diaphragmatic Agenesis (Da) Represents The Most Extreme Form Of Congenital Diaphragmatic Defects, But Clinically It Has Not Been Defined Separately From Bochalek's Hernia (Bh). Between 1986 And 1992, The Authors Treated 55 Neonates Who Had Diaphragmatic Defects. Forty-Eight Of Them Presented Within 24 Hours Of Birth And Comprised The Study Group. Seventeen Neonates (35.4%) Were Found To Have Da; The Other 31 (64.6%) Had Bh. There Were No Differences In The Maternal Age, Gestation Course, Gender Ratio, Birth Weight, Or Incidence Of Co-Existing Congenital Anomalies Between The Two Groups. However, There Were Significant Differences With Respect To The Incidence Of Antenatal Diagnosis (76.4% For Da Patients V 12.5% For Bh Patients; P = .0004), Mean (±Sd) Apgar Scores At 1 (4.1 ± 2.0 V 5.7 ± 2.3; P = .034) And 5 Minutes (5.5 ± 2.7 V 7.6 ± 2.2; P = .016), Mean Duration Of Preoperative Stabilization (2.8 ± 2.0 V 2.1 ± 1.9 Days; P = .044) And Mean Duration Of Postoperative Respiratory Support (27.7 ± 13.6 V 9.3 ± 8.0 Days; P = .002). Complications Occurred In All Seven Survivors Of Da And In Only Four (19.0%) Of 21 Survivors Of Bh (P = .0008). The Neonates With Da Had A Significantly Poorer Long-Term Survival Rates (29.4% V 64.5%; P = .04). Diaphragmatic Agenesis Is A Distinct Clinical Entity; Its Unique Short-Term And Long-Term Problems Require Careful Management.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/220783
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 1.733
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 0.802
ISI Accession Number ID

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorTsang, TMen_US
dc.contributor.authorTam, PKHen_US
dc.contributor.authorDudley, NEen_US
dc.contributor.authorStevens, Jen_US
dc.date.accessioned2015-10-19T03:37:18Z-
dc.date.available2015-10-19T03:37:18Z-
dc.date.issued1994-
dc.identifier.citationJournal Of Pediatric Surgery, 1994, v. 29 n. 11, p. 1439-1441en_US
dc.identifier.issn0022-3468-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/220783-
dc.description.abstractAnatomically, Diaphragmatic Agenesis (Da) Represents The Most Extreme Form Of Congenital Diaphragmatic Defects, But Clinically It Has Not Been Defined Separately From Bochalek's Hernia (Bh). Between 1986 And 1992, The Authors Treated 55 Neonates Who Had Diaphragmatic Defects. Forty-Eight Of Them Presented Within 24 Hours Of Birth And Comprised The Study Group. Seventeen Neonates (35.4%) Were Found To Have Da; The Other 31 (64.6%) Had Bh. There Were No Differences In The Maternal Age, Gestation Course, Gender Ratio, Birth Weight, Or Incidence Of Co-Existing Congenital Anomalies Between The Two Groups. However, There Were Significant Differences With Respect To The Incidence Of Antenatal Diagnosis (76.4% For Da Patients V 12.5% For Bh Patients; P = .0004), Mean (±Sd) Apgar Scores At 1 (4.1 ± 2.0 V 5.7 ± 2.3; P = .034) And 5 Minutes (5.5 ± 2.7 V 7.6 ± 2.2; P = .016), Mean Duration Of Preoperative Stabilization (2.8 ± 2.0 V 2.1 ± 1.9 Days; P = .044) And Mean Duration Of Postoperative Respiratory Support (27.7 ± 13.6 V 9.3 ± 8.0 Days; P = .002). Complications Occurred In All Seven Survivors Of Da And In Only Four (19.0%) Of 21 Survivors Of Bh (P = .0008). The Neonates With Da Had A Significantly Poorer Long-Term Survival Rates (29.4% V 64.5%; P = .04). Diaphragmatic Agenesis Is A Distinct Clinical Entity; Its Unique Short-Term And Long-Term Problems Require Careful Management.en_US
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherWB Saunders Co. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jpedsurgen_US
dc.relation.ispartofJournal Of Pediatric Surgeryen_US
dc.titleDiaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entityen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
dc.identifier.emailTam, PKH:paultam@hkucc.hku.hk-
dc.identifier.authorityTam, PKH=rp00060-
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltexten_US
dc.identifier.doi10.1016/0022-3468(94)90139-2-
dc.identifier.pmid7844716-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-0028090432-
dc.identifier.volume29-
dc.identifier.issue11-
dc.identifier.spage1439-
dc.identifier.epage1441-
dc.identifier.isiWOS:A1994PQ67000010-

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats