File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Diaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entity

TitleDiaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entity
Authors
Issue Date1995
PublisherWB Saunders Co. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jpedsurg
Citation
Journal Of Pediatric Surgery, 1995, v. 30 n. 1, p. 16-18 How to Cite?
AbstractAnatomically, Diaphragmatic Agenesis (Da) Is The Most Extreme Form Of Congenital Diaphragmatic Defect, But Clinically It Has Not Been Defined Separately From Bochdalek's Hernia (Bh). Between 1986 And 1992, The Authors Treated 55 Neonates Who Had Diaphragmatic Defects. Forty-Eight Of The Cases Presented Within 24 Hours Of Birth. Seventeen Of These Neonates (35.4%) Were Found To Have Da; The Other 31 (64.6%) Had Bh. There Were No Significant Differences In Maternal Age, Gestational Age, Gender Ratio, Birth Weight, And Incidence Of Coexisting Congenital Anomalies Between The Two Groups. However, Neonates With Da Differed Significantly From Those With Bh With Respect To Incidence Of Antenatal Diagnosis (76.4% V 12.5%, P = .0004), Mean Apgar Scores At 1 (4.1 ± 2.0 V 5.7 ± 2.3; P = .034) And 5 (5.5 ± 2.7 V 7.6 ± 2.2; P = .016) Minutes, Mean Duration Of Preoperative Stabilization (2.8 ± 2.0 V 2.1 ± 1.9 Days; P = .044), And Postoperative Respiratory Support (27.7 ± 13.6 V 9.3 ± 8.0 Days; P = .002). Complications Occurred In All Seven Da Survivors (100%) And In Only Four (19.0%) Of The 21 Bh Survivors (P = .0008). The Long-Term Survival Rate Was Significantly Lower For Neonates With Da (29.4% V 64.5%; P = .04). Diaphragmatic Agenesis Is A Distinct Clinical Entity; Its Unique Short- And Long-Term Problems Require Careful Management.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/220778
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 1.733
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 0.802
ISI Accession Number ID

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorTsang, TMen_US
dc.contributor.authorTam, PKHen_US
dc.contributor.authorDudley, NEen_US
dc.contributor.authorStevens, Jen_US
dc.date.accessioned2015-10-19T02:00:47Z-
dc.date.available2015-10-19T02:00:47Z-
dc.date.issued1995-
dc.identifier.citationJournal Of Pediatric Surgery, 1995, v. 30 n. 1, p. 16-18en_US
dc.identifier.issn0022-3468-
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/220778-
dc.description.abstractAnatomically, Diaphragmatic Agenesis (Da) Is The Most Extreme Form Of Congenital Diaphragmatic Defect, But Clinically It Has Not Been Defined Separately From Bochdalek's Hernia (Bh). Between 1986 And 1992, The Authors Treated 55 Neonates Who Had Diaphragmatic Defects. Forty-Eight Of The Cases Presented Within 24 Hours Of Birth. Seventeen Of These Neonates (35.4%) Were Found To Have Da; The Other 31 (64.6%) Had Bh. There Were No Significant Differences In Maternal Age, Gestational Age, Gender Ratio, Birth Weight, And Incidence Of Coexisting Congenital Anomalies Between The Two Groups. However, Neonates With Da Differed Significantly From Those With Bh With Respect To Incidence Of Antenatal Diagnosis (76.4% V 12.5%, P = .0004), Mean Apgar Scores At 1 (4.1 ± 2.0 V 5.7 ± 2.3; P = .034) And 5 (5.5 ± 2.7 V 7.6 ± 2.2; P = .016) Minutes, Mean Duration Of Preoperative Stabilization (2.8 ± 2.0 V 2.1 ± 1.9 Days; P = .044), And Postoperative Respiratory Support (27.7 ± 13.6 V 9.3 ± 8.0 Days; P = .002). Complications Occurred In All Seven Da Survivors (100%) And In Only Four (19.0%) Of The 21 Bh Survivors (P = .0008). The Long-Term Survival Rate Was Significantly Lower For Neonates With Da (29.4% V 64.5%; P = .04). Diaphragmatic Agenesis Is A Distinct Clinical Entity; Its Unique Short- And Long-Term Problems Require Careful Management.en_US
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherWB Saunders Co. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jpedsurgen_US
dc.relation.ispartofJournal Of Pediatric Surgeryen_US
dc.titleDiaphragmatic Agenesis As A Distinct Clinical Entityen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
dc.identifier.emailTam, PKH:paultam@hkucc.hku.hk-
dc.identifier.authorityTam, PKH=rp00060-
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltexten_US
dc.identifier.pmid7722820-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-0028869727-
dc.identifier.volume30-
dc.identifier.issue1-
dc.identifier.spage16-
dc.identifier.epage18-
dc.identifier.isiWOS:A1995QA89100004-

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats