File Download

There are no files associated with this item.

  Links for fulltext
     (May Require Subscription)
Supplementary

Article: Phase II study of an 'all-oral' regimen of capecitabine, idarubicin and cyclophosphamide for metastatic breast cancer - safety, efficacy and quality of life

TitlePhase II study of an 'all-oral' regimen of capecitabine, idarubicin and cyclophosphamide for metastatic breast cancer - safety, efficacy and quality of life
Authors
Issue Date2005
PublisherS Karger AG. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.karger.com/OCL
Citation
Oncology, 2005, v. 68 n. 4-6, p. 520-525 How to Cite?
AbstractObjective: Patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) generally have a poor prognosis. Many of these patients have a good performance status. A new all-oral regimen (XIC) was evaluated in a phase II trial. The impact of the regimen on the safety and efficacy of the drug, as well as quality of life (QOL) of the patients was assessed. Patients and Methods: From September 2000 to September 2001, informed consent was obtained from 20 heavily pretreated women with MBC. They were placed on a 6-week cycle regimen comprising capecitabine (X; 2,000 mg/m2/day in two divided doses for 2 weeks then 1 week rest), idarubicin (I; 10 mg/m2/day, days 1, 3 and 5) and cyclophosphamide (C; 100 mg/m2/day for 2 weeks then 1 week rest). Results:Toxicities were generally tolerable. One patient had grade III neutropenia, which was reversible on cessation of treatment. One patient (5%) had a complete response and 4 patients (20%) achieved partial responses, yielding an overall response rate of 25%. Eight patients (40%) had stable disease. Median time to disease progression and median survival time were 13.4 and 23.7 months, respectively. Global and physical EORTC QLQ-30 scores showed no significant decrease in QOL. Conclusion:This is a small-scale study. XIC was generally well tolerated and favoured by the patients. This moderately active and convenient 'all-oral' regimen deserves clinical trials at a wider scale. Copyright © 2005 S. Karger AG.
Persistent Identifierhttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/172879
ISSN
2015 Impact Factor: 2.152
2015 SCImago Journal Rankings: 0.920
ISI Accession Number ID
References

 

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.authorTong, DKHen_US
dc.contributor.authorCheng, CWNen_US
dc.contributor.authorChan, SCen_US
dc.contributor.authorWong, LNen_US
dc.contributor.authorChow, LWCen_US
dc.date.accessioned2012-10-30T06:25:29Z-
dc.date.available2012-10-30T06:25:29Z-
dc.date.issued2005en_US
dc.identifier.citationOncology, 2005, v. 68 n. 4-6, p. 520-525en_US
dc.identifier.issn0030-2414en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10722/172879-
dc.description.abstractObjective: Patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) generally have a poor prognosis. Many of these patients have a good performance status. A new all-oral regimen (XIC) was evaluated in a phase II trial. The impact of the regimen on the safety and efficacy of the drug, as well as quality of life (QOL) of the patients was assessed. Patients and Methods: From September 2000 to September 2001, informed consent was obtained from 20 heavily pretreated women with MBC. They were placed on a 6-week cycle regimen comprising capecitabine (X; 2,000 mg/m2/day in two divided doses for 2 weeks then 1 week rest), idarubicin (I; 10 mg/m2/day, days 1, 3 and 5) and cyclophosphamide (C; 100 mg/m2/day for 2 weeks then 1 week rest). Results:Toxicities were generally tolerable. One patient had grade III neutropenia, which was reversible on cessation of treatment. One patient (5%) had a complete response and 4 patients (20%) achieved partial responses, yielding an overall response rate of 25%. Eight patients (40%) had stable disease. Median time to disease progression and median survival time were 13.4 and 23.7 months, respectively. Global and physical EORTC QLQ-30 scores showed no significant decrease in QOL. Conclusion:This is a small-scale study. XIC was generally well tolerated and favoured by the patients. This moderately active and convenient 'all-oral' regimen deserves clinical trials at a wider scale. Copyright © 2005 S. Karger AG.en_US
dc.languageengen_US
dc.publisherS Karger AG. The Journal's web site is located at http://www.karger.com/OCLen_US
dc.relation.ispartofOncologyen_US
dc.subject.meshAdministration, Oralen_US
dc.subject.meshAdulten_US
dc.subject.meshAgeden_US
dc.subject.meshAntineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols - Administration & Dosage - Therapeutic Useen_US
dc.subject.meshBreast Neoplasms - Drug Therapy - Secondaryen_US
dc.subject.meshCyclophosphamide - Administration & Dosageen_US
dc.subject.meshDeoxycytidine - Administration & Dosage - Analogs & Derivativesen_US
dc.subject.meshFemaleen_US
dc.subject.meshFluorouracil - Analogs & Derivativesen_US
dc.subject.meshHumansen_US
dc.subject.meshIdarubicin - Administration & Dosageen_US
dc.subject.meshMiddle Ageden_US
dc.subject.meshQuality Of Lifeen_US
dc.subject.meshSurvival Rateen_US
dc.titlePhase II study of an 'all-oral' regimen of capecitabine, idarubicin and cyclophosphamide for metastatic breast cancer - safety, efficacy and quality of lifeen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
dc.identifier.emailChan, SC: chanlsc@hkucc.hku.hken_US
dc.identifier.authorityChan, SC=rp01568en_US
dc.description.naturelink_to_subscribed_fulltexten_US
dc.identifier.doi10.1159/000086996en_US
dc.identifier.pmid16037685-
dc.identifier.scopuseid_2-s2.0-23844474782en_US
dc.relation.referenceshttp://www.scopus.com/mlt/select.url?eid=2-s2.0-23844474782&selection=ref&src=s&origin=recordpageen_US
dc.identifier.volume68en_US
dc.identifier.issue4-6en_US
dc.identifier.spage520en_US
dc.identifier.epage525en_US
dc.identifier.isiWOS:000231468900030-
dc.publisher.placeSwitzerlanden_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridTong, DKH=8670837000en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridCheng, CWN=7404797360en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridChan, SC=7404255575en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridWong, LN=8670836700en_US
dc.identifier.scopusauthoridChow, LWC=7202532995en_US

Export via OAI-PMH Interface in XML Formats


OR


Export to Other Non-XML Formats